Student Ministry Pastor

Blogging for student ministry leaders and team members. This blog will be updated regularly, so check back often.

Teaching techniques that really seem to work

Happy Friday!

As Dan and I have begun teaching the Teen Class at our local gathering, we have noticed that giving the students something to be responsible for doing, actually aids in their ability to concentrate and learn. (go figure! said as sarcastically as I can say it, because this could go without saying... I hate it when I state the obvious...)

We have been teaching for the past month on FREEDOM - they are to use the lessons that we teach, to teach inmates at a local minimum security prison in October.

Nervous? You bet! They are quite nervous about this task/opportunity - but I believe in the deepest parts of my heart that they will grow tremendously from this experience - it will be something that they will not soon forget.

Believe in your students - teach them something that they can teach others! (make it simple and keep it real!)

0 comments: