Student Ministry Pastor

Blogging for student ministry leaders and team members. This blog will be updated regularly, so check back often.

Believing IS Seeing

I woke up this morning and was reminded of the times that someone believed in me, if it wasn't my quiz coach, Kevin Hopper (my Uncle), or Natasha Carmine (my mom away from home who always tricked my brother and I with one "made-up" home remedy or another every chance she had), it was my Mom, my Dad, Pastor Wayne Trout, Sis. Janet Trout, James and Deidre Turner...the list goes on...

SOMEONE believed in me. At times, I think that is all it took. Knowing this, motivated me - I remember feeling like I could not let them down. I often thought, if THEY believe in me, surely I can muster up some belief in myself!

Dan and I recently had the opportunity to attend a new church and have been asked to teach the High School students, as needed, during their weekly class.

I hardly know these students, but the first thing I feel myself doing is... believing.

I begin to see who these students CAN BE and who they ARE RIGHT NOW.

If I keep believing, I will eventually SEE - how God can use them in tremendous ways.

Never give up on your students, because God never gave up on you.

See you next week!

0 comments: